Thursday, August 19, 2010

Why.

I started "From the Blackpatch" because I wanted to continue the discussion I had with you on the campaign trail.

For anyone running for public office, I recommend doorknocking. Yes, doorknocking is the most effective way of seeking and securing votes, but what I found over this past summer was that it is the most effective way to really get to know your neighbors. It is the most effective way for a public servant to genuinely realize his or her constiuents' concerns, thoughts and ideas.

I heard everything from concerns about spending, the jail, the library and countless number of other concerns and ideas that you have about this county.

I want to continue that discussion.

That is what I hope to do with "From the Blackpatch." Of course, I want to share with you my thoughts and ideas, my vision of what is to be for all of us. But, this district, and this county would not be what it is without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment